August 6, 2010

Stop 5: Derailed by Disney

The last two weeks have been a roller coaster, much like the ones you find at Disney.  I say Disney, because that’s where I was last week.  And while fun, I have not written nearly as much as I wanted to.  The writer’s block has been ridiculously oppressive, the motivation teasingly absent, the blank pages mocking me.

It’s depressing, and for the first time since starting this journey, I want off the train.  Or at least rest for a while.  I’m overwhelmed, and I need to focus, but the train is going so fast I don’t know where I am anymore.

It’s getting to the point where my life is starting to spin like it does when you’re on the magic teacups at Disney.  It’s exhilarating, but it’s starting to make my head hurt.  I wanted to travel, and I am.  But my training deadlines are looming, and my writing projects are falling behind.  I need to catch my breath.

Does anyone have any idea how to stop this thing?  I think I’m going to be sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment