November 14, 2010

Stop 7: Yahoo!

So it’s been a while since I’ve posted any progress reports. Guess I made a pit stop and before I knew it, life got away from me and here we are two months later.

Amazing how much can happen in such a short amount of time. Since my last entry I’ve had an article published by Yahoo! News, taught numerous Red Cross CPR classes, and traveled back East twice. In addition, I submitted a proposal to teach a social media class for seniors in the Spring and it looks like it will be added to the schedule for April.

I’ve also come to the realization that although I love writing, I just don’t have the same passion for it that I do for training, volunteering, and traveling. Even though I have a steady stream of assignments it feels a lot like work and not as much fun as it used to be.

Perhaps what I need to do is find a niche, something that I’m so passionate about writing about it just comes naturally. Weird, but I like writing training manuals with screenshots, newsletters, anything with pictures. To me that feels more creative than just writing straight copy. Maybe that’s what I need to focus on.

I’m happy with what this pit stop has brought to me, but now it’s time to get back on the train. So off we go again, who knows what tomorrow will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment