July 11, 2010

Stop 3: Go North, Young Woman


Determined to travel last week, I hopped on a plane to Reno on Wednesday morning. My partner Ron was already in Northern Nevada for a series of client visits, having driven up there on Sunday. While he continued his work meetings, I worked away in the suite-like hotel room banging out some web articles and getting some work done for ASTD.

I was, however, momentarily distracted by the spa located inside the Grand Sierra Resort. Although expensive, I indulged in a facial, one of the best facial I’ve ever received. It was a true working vacation.

On Friday, we started our The drive back to Vegas started on Friday (it’s a holiday weekend) and we spent the night in Tonopah. While a small little town, Tonopah has some things to offer both stargazers and history buffs. We spent Saturday visiting the Tonopah Mining Park and Central Nevada Museum before making our way home.

But the adventure didn’t stop there. We visited a ghost town called Rhyolite outside of Beatty, Nevada and would have taken a detour to Scotty’s Castle in Death Valley if we weren’t so low on gas.

It’s one of the things I appreciate the most about Ron – his sense of adventure fuels and inspires my own. And it occurred to me that I should be writing travel articles about the all different places we visit if I want to break into the travel writing field. There is no reason why I can’t submit these articles for publication, absolutely none at all.

So my goal is to write several pieces about our trip last week and submit them by the end of next week. Think I can do it?

I’ll let you know on the next stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment